Computer science faculty actively pursue research on a wide variety of topics. Students have many opportunities to participate in research through the following programs:
- Richter Scholars Program
- Grand Challenges Scholars Program
- College of Engineering Senior Design projects
In recent years, students have worked on research projects in the following areas:
- Prosthesis control
- Computer vision for the visually impaired
- Harvest yield prediction from vineyard imagery
- Autonomous rover navigation
- Plagiarism detection
- Prediction of student academic and mental health outcomes
Recent Student Publications
- Orr, J. W. and Russell, N. (2021). Automatic Assessment of the Design Quality of Python Programs with Personalized Feedback. In the Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Educational Data Mining (EDM 2021).
- Noel, T. C. and Snider, B. R. (2019). Utilizing Deep Neural Networks for Brain–Computer Interface-Based Prosthesis Control. Journal of Computing Sciences in Colleges. 35(1), 93–101
- Rohwedder, D. and Snider, B. R. (2018). Plagiarism Detection Avoidance Methods and Countermeasures. Journal of Computing Sciences in Colleges. 34(1), 255–261.