ACM Programming Contest - NW Site Details
The 2016 Pacific NW Regional ACM Programming Contest (NW Site) will be held at George Fox University on November 5, 2016. We hope that this page holds all of the information necessary for competitors in the competition.
To register for the contest, please visit this link.
For any further information please contact the site director, Dr. Brent Wilson. Office: 503.554.2722
Saturday, November 5th
9:00-10:00 AM - Teams check-in at Ewards-Holman Science Center (EHS) Atrium
10:00-11:00 AM - Orientation/instructions
11:00-12:00 AM - Practice contest, EHS 117 & EHS 119
12:00-1:00 PM- Debriefing/Q&A
1:00-6:00 PM - THE CONTEST!, EHS 117 & EHS 119
6:30 - ?? PM - Dinner and Awards (AWESOME LASAGNA DINNER!!!)
- There are several hotels very close to campus if you need to stay the night:
- * If you have an extra day... try to visit the Evergreen Air & Space Meuseum and Water Park. This is home to Howard Hughes' Spruce Goose and a waterpark that has a Boeing 747 on top of the building that you jump out of as the top of a water slide. It is only 12 miles from campus.
- From I-5:
- From the south, take the Donald/Aurora exit (278) north of Salem. Follow the signs to Newberg. When you reach 99W, turn left. Just past the highway split near the center of town, turn right on Meridian Street. After one block, you will see the campus on the right.
- From the north, take the Tigard/Newberg exit (294) shortly after leaving Portland city limits. Stay on 99W until you reach Newberg. At Meridian Street (just past the highway split near the center of town), turn right. Campus is on the right.
- Northbound 99W (coming from McMinnville and Dundee):
- From 99W, turn left on Meridian. Follow Meridian Street across southbound 99W (Hancock Street) for one block; campus is on the right.
OS: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS x86_64
Editors: vi/vim, gvim, emacs, gedit, geany
Languages: Java (OpenJDK 1.7.0_65) JDK Javadocs will be included, C/C++ (GCC 4.8.2) STL documentation will be included, NEW Python 2.7.6 and 3.4.0
Java IDE: Java - Eclipse 4.4, C/C++ - CDT 8.4 under Eclipse 4.4, Python - TBA
C/C++ IDE: CDT 8.4 under Eclipse 4.4
Python IDE: TBA
Contest Environment: PC^2 Version 9
DOWNLOAD THE PC^2 TEAM GUIDE TO BRING TO THE CONTEST
- Compiler/Interpreter options that will be used by PC^2
- g++ -g -O2 -std=gnu++0x -static $*
- gcc -g -O2 -std=gnu99 -static $* -lm
- javac -encoding UTF-8 -sourcepath . -d . $*
- java -client -Xss8m -Xmx1024m $*
- TBA: python
Medals/plaques and prizes will be awarded through 3 places for Division I and Division II.
In addition, all site winners will receive a medal/plaque and prize.
All prizes courtesy of IBM, the official ACM-ICPC sponsor.